Tuesday, October 27, 2015

WTA Championships. Radwanska: It was not my day – Interia

Agnieszka Radwanska admitted that in the second group match WTA championships, just as we did, lacked concentration at times. – I should have won the first set – noted Polish tennis player after Tuesday’s defeat with Italian Flavia Pennetta.

Agnieszka Radwanska

/ AFP

Agnieszka Radwanska lost 6: 7 (5-7), 4: 6 winner of the last US Open, an Italian Flavia Pennetta in their second group match at the WTA Championships in Singapore. The meeting lasted 102 minutes. This is the second defeat Poles in the tournament. Read more

In the inaugural party of the match with Radwanska Pennetta ran 3: 1 and 5: 4. In the 10th gemi she lost her pass, and later lost in a tie-break. The encounter ended with its defeat 6: 7 (5-7), 4: 6.

– The first set should have won. I had a few opportunities which have not used. It seems to me that a few times I ran concentration and I was not focused enough. Suddenly he was losing in straight sets 0-1. The second batch, which was very balanced, it was not going my way. It was not my day – assessed krakowianka.

She added that the same problem she had in Sunday’s duel, when lost in the Group Red with Russian Maria Sharapova.

– How have not used one occasion you got it turned it against me. That’s what happened in those two matches – she pointed out.

Krakowianka performance in the season-ending event has secured only a week before the start of the struggle in Singapore.

– I’m a little tired. In important moments I could not through this focus on one point – she noted.

Radwanska also appreciated Italian woman, who acknowledged that matches Pole are always very difficult.

– This is because she was great moves on the court. You have to be very swell in meetings with her. It must be pressed and dismissed from the end line. Agnes can make a lot of trouble, he can run to every ball. It is one of the smartest players on the tour. It may not have such power as the other tennis players, but the way in which reads the game and sees everything on the court, is amazing – complimented rival competitor from Italy.

When losing 4: 5 in the first set, she asked to speak with the coach. After a moment, he recorded a “break,” and for a moment she won the tie-break.

– I just came to the court and advised me to be more aggressive and use more backhand than forehand. He told me just … “fight on and try to score a point” – recounted.

What? Where? When? Stay up-to-date and check Sports Calendar!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment