Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Michal Kwiatkowski: my tank was completely empty – Onet.pl

 
  Photo: PAP
 
 
  Michal Kwiatkowski
 
 
 

– Everyone knows how much I like Great Loop. Today I wanted to catch the flight. At the beginning of the stage I jumped several times to the front together with Rigoberto Uranus, but suddenly I felt completely empty. I lost contact with the group at the first driveway. I fought, hoping that I can recover and may feel better later in the tour, but the situation has not changed. To fly the finish I tried to hold still, but then decided to stay. My tank was completely empty – said Kwiatkowski.

– This is a difficult moment for me. You never want to stay in this race, especially when driving in the rainbow jersey. My teammates were great in recent days, strongly supporting me. I would like to thank them – said the world champion.

Loud around the “Flowermana” it got on Tuesday on the second day interruption. First Czeslaw Lang announced that the holder of the rainbow t-shirts start in the Tour of Polish, then chief of staff for Etixx-QuickStep Patrick Lefevere said that the group does not renew the contract with the Pole in the coming years.

– Now I have to rest and start thinking about the next race in my calendar. I would like to thank all the people supporting me on the tour. I wish it all the best to my colleagues, hoping that they manage to win another stage before the end of the Tour de France – said Kwiatkowski.

Tour de Pologne with the participation of Michal Kwiatkowski will start on August 2.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment