Monday, September 29, 2014

Michal Kwiatkowski led to tears world vice-champion – Onet.pl

Australian Simon Gerrans (GreenEdge Orica) still can not get over that he failed to win the league title world. The last kilometers of Sunday’s mass start race cyclist from Melbourne almost all the time maintained eye contact with the teacher Pole, and still was not able to catch up with him before the final line.

– To be honest, I wanted to cry when I passed the finish line – said Gerrans. – Being so close to the world title and watch as slipping out of my hands a few kilometers before the end … and I knew I had good legs. If the last kilometers ułożyłyby things differently, I could reach here after the victory – he said.

Meanwhile, The Australian had to settle for the silver medal, although the current results of the current season allowed him to go ahead and make plans for gold.

– I do not really saw the point at which Kwiatkowski moved forward. I just saw that the driveway before the final few riders had an advantage over the peloton. At the congress Michael pulled away from them, and his legs were strong enough to get to the finish line. Already at the top of the hill I realized that we would be very difficult to catch up with him – noted Gerrans.

– First part of the final climb not beat at full throttle. Nobody wanted to start the chase. This allowed Kwiatkowski to achieve a sufficiently large advantage. Tactically Pole played the race perfectly. Deserved the victory – said the Australian.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment