Saturday, April 23, 2016

Michal Kwiatkowski: it is an important day for me – Onet.pl

On Sunday, you start at the famous classic Liege-Bastogne-Liege (transmission conduct Eurosport 1 and Eurosport Player of hours. 14:00). In what are you available?

It remains to be seen. I can not promise victory, but for sure I’m ready to take the fight for the top places, but many factors contribute to the outcome, such as the weather. The Amstel Gold Race also was in good shape and did not work out. On Sunday herald snow, which for me is not a good sign.

Last Sunday was Mr. one of the favorites for Amstel Gold Race. Why are you descended from the route less than 20 km before the finish line?

There was no point to continue driving because the temperature It fell to two-three degrees, in addition rained hail from. Two hundred kilometers prosecuting my body is not ready to survive such conditions, and it was not possible to drive up to the car’s technical and wear something warm, because rivals at this moment podkręcili pace. It is no secret that in the cold I do not feel great. I prefer the heat. These are matters that can not be trained.

As for Sunday, meteorologists predict snow showers. how do you want to fix this? More to eat? It is better to wear?

The clothing is essential. We know the prognosis and each competitor will be prepared at a low temperature. Me too.

For several days preparing you for this race in Spain.

Yes. Immediately after the Amstel Gold Race went to Calpe. This is my place in Spain. I trained there all winter. Now, I flew to catch some breath.

The first time you go in the composition of the double winner of the Tour Chris de France Froome’em. How will the roles in the team Sky?

Are you sure I will have the support of all teammates . Chris Froome and Wout Poels also be protected players. Wout showed his good side on the Arrow Wallon (fourth place – PAP), and Chris, even though it came just a grouping of high-altitude, is a great champion, who in such difficult race deserves to have a free hand. I take part in the role of team leader, but always have to be flexible, because it is a sport and road anything can happen. Such as Sky team playing the race card, and a variety of different ways. For me it will be a very important day.

Two years ago you took in Liege-Bastogne-Liege third place, but in the previous year it was worse. What is your opinion about this classic?

On Friday, we did reconnaissance of the route, drove the last 86 km ( the distance is 253 km – PAP). The route has changed, and I think this will have an impact on competition. End appears to be difficult. Belgians have made several hundred meter driveway on the pavement after the Saint-Nicolas. There was never a random winners in Liege-Bastogne-Liege. This year, it will not be the case, the strongest will win. It is the oldest of the classics, and the victory in this race can change the player’s career. I must admit that I dream of victory.

It is now four months since you’re in a group Sky . How do you feel it?

I have a tremendous support during each race. What I expected. I spent a lot of time with the players at the training camp. Sky is a team in which everyone is focused on referencing great success. I’m not talking just about kolarzach, but also sports directors, mechanics, masażystach, physiotherapists. Everyone is optimistic, not only for cycling, but in general life. I feel good in this team. After unsuccessful starts in Flanders and the Amstel Gold Race, nothing has changed. Team behind me. Bad moments leave behind and go on. I’ve never been a pessimist.

What are your plans after Liege-Bastogne-Liege?

on Tuesday, I take part in the Tour de Romandie. In June, the Criterium du Dauphine, and then I have in mind the Tour de France.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment