Thursday, March 19, 2015

Anders Bardal ended his career. “I experienced many … – Polish Radio

This summer, 32-year-old will be a father for the third time. He admitted that he was waiting for the moment when he could spend more time with his family. The life of an athlete, which are part and parcel of frequent trips, definitely not conducive to this.

– It is sad, but it’s the right time. I decided to set aside ski closet. On Sunday 15 marca 2015 years gave his last jump at Holmenkollen – wrote on his website Bardal.

Jumper said that he wanted to back out at the moment, which will still be at the top.

– This is not the joy of sport or workout. I know what it takes to be an athlete at my level. I do not have one hundred percent of motivation and willingness to spend what it takes to remain at the forefront. Therefore, in the next few years, someone with more motivation take my place. I knew that after this year’s World Cup in Falun – wrote jumper.

At the world championships in Falun Bardal dreamed about it, to reach the last medal of his career. It worked – the Norwegian team came home with gold, so the best jumper optimism in this country in recent years is not surprising.

The Norwegian went along with the other players at the last World Cup competition this season, which will start the weekend in Planica. He noted, however, that did not take with him the equipment and expedition farewell simultaneously with the rest of his team.

– It was a long and busy career, with ups and downs. The last four seasons have been a great experience. I experienced many unforgettable moments. I also hope that I contributed to the continuation of our tradition as one of the best nations in ski jumping. I am excited about life without jumping. I’ve never tried it, but I look forward to your new everyday. Maybe one day I will return to the hill, but in a different role? – Bardal finished.

On the one hand this is sad news for fans of ski jumping, on the other hand, however, it will be appreciated and respected attitude Bardal, who leaves at the time, which still maintain form and could win.

The list is impressive successes Bardal. Norwegian ski jumper won the World Cup in the 2011/2012 season, was the second player of the season 2012/2013 and the world champion of 2013. Four times reaching for the title of vice-champion of the world, the Olympic Games he won the bronze medal. He has also silver and bronze medal in the World Cup ski flying.

ps, skokinarciarskie.pl, PolskieRadio.pl

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment