Thursday, August 14, 2014

Athletic ME. Urbanek of bronze, Malachowski disconsolate – Sport.pl

Competition in Zurich has a much lower level than it should. He started late, ran in the cold, but the most mind pitchers wet wheel. As a result, among the best twelve discus throwers Europe result of Tuesday’s skills improved on Wednesday only Spaniard Marco Pestano, about 21 cm (in the final was the sixth).

Malachowski: slipped

He won as expected Germany’s Robert Harting, who obtained 66.07 m. was Piotr Malachowski Disappointed, who had to fight for the gold, and finished fourth. – I am angry because I could not disperse. I wanted to, but unfortunately slipped, I could not help it – he explained. – The conditions were not good, just look at Harting, as he threw. In the elimination gave a nice quiet roll of 67 meters, so here if it was better wheel, it rzuciłby above 69 meters. Is if it was dry I had a medal? Here is no longer what to think, is after the contest, games finished – he said clearly inconsolable.

Malachowski did not come to these championships optimally prepared, but promised to fight, regardless of the conditions. These proved to be too difficult. Ultimately, the result was fourth with 63.54, weaker by almost five feet from that of Tuesday.

Urbanek: I’m shocked

– I hate such conditions, always it pisses me off that wheel and it was not prepared for this – echoed oldie unexpected medalist. – A year ago I threw here and it was a lot more blunt and I enjoyed that this wheel will be at the European Championships. Sanded them and probably accelerated the Hammer Option, or do not know why. There was no such certainty on the legs, saved me a bit, my strong mountain, or chest and ejection force – explained.

but did not hide the joy. – I am very happy with the medal and all in shock. These are the games where you have to take the best possible place, and not get the best score. Do I prayed to me portraying? Too, but I wanted to throw away. Only it was falling apart again, the wheel was more slippery. Then he risked little and started to leave the old technical errors. I even thought that someone will throw me, because they were all ready, which could be seen after the heats, but I’m glad it turned out how it came out.

Where did Urbanek

Although Urbanek years to the forefront, so far it has always taken a further deposit. The most successful is the sixth place with ME in Helsinki in 2012 and the World Championships in Moscow a year later. This season also competed less from Malachowski, but trainer Witold Suski leading both players felt that Zurich may surprise you.

– I wonder what it will be. Conditions are perfect, but still has problems tactical and head has a problem. How is mastered, it can be good, because in training does not quite less from Peter – said at training camp in Spale.

– In training I threw really far and believe that I can fight for the top five, four, and even a medal – admitted after the contest Urbanek.

Changing of the guard in the drive?

While no one does not talk about it openly, in the coming seasons hierarchy among Polish discus throwers can change. Urbanek is 201 centimeters tall, and weighs less than 100 pounds and has a large reserve in the preparation of forcefulness and technical. – I’m stronger than Peter. I’m taller and too hard for me nabudować this power. We need to work on, do it slowly. There are also large reserves in the art, so there is no need for greatly enhanced. The most important for me now to train safely, without injury to Rio and eliminate these errors – explained.

Soda water down his first career senior international medal in no danger. – I finished my studies, I’m just an athlete at the moment. As you can see it pays me, so I want to live as long as possible, and we shall see. I like to read a good book, go to the movies, like any normal person. I like to explore, listen to music, nothing special – said slightly flustered.

What you can not miss in Zurich? When I turn on the TV? [GUIDE]

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment