Sunday, August 17, 2014

“Lisowczycy” again on the podium. “We have shown that we have eggs” – Onet.pl

This time – unlike in qualifying – on the first shift ran Rafal Omelko.

– I had a huge motivation. I knew what to do. I was only focused on one goal – a medal. I held the British and the French. I gave the baton Kacper at the optimum position – said Omelko.

It was a very awaited medal. “Lisowczycy” waiting for him since 2007, when the world championships in Osaka reached for bronze.

– In the end it worked out – shouted Omelko, from which the baton Kozlowski. He ran seven years ago in a brown relay.

– The main thing was to find as soon as the British and French. Before taking the baton was fourth. I slowed down a little French, so I kept the force at the tip. We did everything and gave it the desired effect – said Kozlowski, who – although is 28 years old – is a veteran of the relay.

– I hope for another medal in the 4×400 meters relay will not have to wait until seven years – he added.

The third change Kravchuk and Luke ran a little froze when he collided with a Belgian and a Frenchman, losing rhythm.

– It was a slow start in my performance. I gave a push by the Belgian and French. That was my mistake. Was carrying me. I did not feel tired, but failed to overtake the Frenchman. I do not know if it was the course of my life, but I gave myself one hundred percent – said Kravchuk, who was the most tired player in our relay team.

relay team finished Jakub Krzewina. The fourth player in the startup individual ran perfectly and the last meters tore the French medal.

– I told Luke: void that you give over and it will be a medal. I was so motivated after the fourth place individually. When I left the finishing straight, then I thought, no, I can not again be the fourth. Not for a moment doubted that it could be a medal. I was only waiting for the right moment to attack – said Krzewina, who reached the last change time limits of 44.2.

– started at the end of a good run for us. I hope that this will be the beginning of a long series of medals in our performance. We had to finally fasten and show that we have eggs for this to run fast. Now it’s finally proved it. It can only get better – he added.

The finish on our 400-metrowców waiting athletes with relay 4×400 meters that while earlier took fifth place with a great time of 3.25,73.

European Champions have been British – 2.58,79, followed by Russia – 2.59,38.

From Zurich – Thomas Kalemba, Eurosport.Onet.pl

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment