Monday, March 28, 2016

Euro 2016: Iker Casillas made history. “I try to enjoy every day in the national team” – Polish Radio

Our Sunday performance in the frame FC Porto goalkeeper equaled the European record for the number of matches in the national team.


 

Casillas 166. off shirt “La Roja” scored in the friendly against Romania in Cluj-Napoca, which ended in a draw 0: 0. Spanish coach Vicente del Bosque was not happy with the attitude of patients in this duel. The reason for the joy he had for a goalkeeper of FC Porto, which tied the record Vitalijs Astafjevs. Latvian has just finished his career.


 
 
 

As the media reported, there are several versions of the number of representative performances Astafjevs. The Latvian federation says that there are 167, the European Football Union (UEFA) 166, and the world governing body (FIFA) 165.


 

– I am very pleased this achievement. For all these years I experienced both good and bad moments. I try to remember only the good. The end of my career coming up more and more. It is clear that time does not spare anyone. I’m not exception in this regard – said Casillas.


 

The player, who for many years was one of the key players of Real Madrid, admitted that the performances of the national team associate him with many words.


 

– The responsibility, pride, satisfaction, happiness, commitment, respect for predecessors – enumerated.


 

Less than 35-year-old player with the national team won the world championship in 2010 and two European titles (2008 and 2012). He was at that time one of the key figures in both the national team and the club from Madrid. In recent years, his star faded slightly. He sprinkled on him criticism – just like the whole team – after the World Cup two years ago. In Porto, where the game since the autumn, recorded frequently caught.


 

– I hope that I will play at this year’s Euro and will be part of the representation, in which there are many young players. I do not know if it’s my last season in the national team. I try to enjoy every day – reserved.


 

Spain ME will play in Group D, the Czech Republic, Turkey and Croatia.


 

ps

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment