Saturday, March 19, 2016

Piotr Lisek: women like brown and … me too – Onet.pl

 
  Photo: Reuters
 
 
  Piotr Lisek
 
 
 

– I am very happy. Indeed, the third time is the bronze medal, but I really have no reason to complain. I thought of a better result, but the competition was very unusual and difficult – rated in an interview with PAP 23-year-old OSOT Szczecin, which received a score of 5.75.

Earlier Lisek stood on the podium of the world Cup in Beijing (2015) and the indoor European championships in Prague (2015).

– Do not despise brown and if so, would be completed Olympic competition in Rio de Janeiro, take it in the dark. I do not want to now been too much hype around this medal, because it really is just a stop on the way to the Olympics. On Saturday I’m flying to California to the resort Chula Vista, where again I go back to work hard – he stressed.

ward Marcin Szczepanski also acknowledged that the first time he participated in such an organized competition. Though it was difficult, this formula he liked.

– The competition was very prolong, because jumping change with girls. This meant that we had to constantly scorched. There was a lot of waiting, and it breaks concentration. However, I believe that athletics must go to the people, must become more attractive as a way to promote it, as you do not jump, pole vault? It’s the coolest competition, the thrill for the players and fans – Lisek said.

Additionally, viewers in Portland not just sitting in the stands, but also on the track.

– I love when there is such a direct contact with the fans. It’s very professions more attractive, both for us and for them. Besides, it was only on Thursday played in the competition hall, which also meant that everyone focused solely on us. I liked it – he said.

Gold medal, in line with the expectations of experts, won the world record holder Frenchman Renaud Lavillenie (6.02). After silver favorite team reached Sam Kendricks (5.80).

– I was not surprised. I had the opportunity to be a week earlier as a fan at the US championships and I saw jumps. I knew he was perfectly prepared. But really, there were many people who wanted to get on the podium here and the level was balanced. The more glad that I was the third – added player born in Duszniki.

Lisek is the first Pole in history, who won the indoor world championship medal in the pole vault men. Previously, it has done just women – Monika Pyrek and Anna Rogowska.

– Before the contest I did not know about it . Anyway, I leave in order to jump on to do their own and do not do things like that, but it certainly is nice – mentioned.

from less than a year Lisek trains with only two years older than himself Szczepanski.

– the last time we had to fight with a lot of things. How not cold, it’s a minor injury. I still had the feeling that fate throws us logs feet. As you can see managed to get out of this unscathed. Perhaps under the supervision of Martin’s results-for the time being I am not corrected, but mentally I feel stronger. Let’s say that I grow sports, although I still have the feeling that I’m 16 years old. I reach the age of majority after the Olympics in Rio – laughed Lisek.

Bronze medal this time dedicated to his immediate family, girl Oli and fans.

– Without their support I would not have reached. Especially in that year. I know perfectly well that sometimes even lied, telling me that it is good when you do not. All the time believed in me, and it helps a lot – he stressed. Friday is his day of rest.

– I got up a little earlier than usual, and now I shall fall. In the afternoon I go to the hall to cheer colleagues with the representation, and on Saturday I move now to Chula Vista. I do not know how it happens, you still do not get the banquet, ending the party – he joked.

With US Lisek will return to the country on 20 April. The second of the Poles in the competition tyczkarzy – Robert Sober (AZS AWF Wroclaw) took sixth place in Portland.

Interviewed by Marta Petrovich

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment